About G.S.W.V. Tandje Hoger
The Student Cycling Association, Tandje Hoger, was founded on the 17th of Januari 1977. With more than a hundred active members, many donors and several honorary members, it is one of the largest student cycling associations of the Netherlands.
Whether you are a true racer or more of a tourrider, at Tandje Hoger we support both forms of cycling. Many of our riders participate in races throughout the country and we offer serious trainings to develop yourself as a better cyclist. For the tourrider we offer lower intensity trainings, organized rides, we join tour-events and even go to Spain, once a year.
However, being a student ogranization we offer these activities in a relaxed environment. We organize social events, like the bi-weekly drinks and monthly not-cycling related activities and many more.
Become a member
To become a member you need to take the following steps:
- Fill out the form and follow all steps. Your data will be sent to Tandje Hoger, after which you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- You are now a candidate-member at Tandje Hoger. The next step is to download the SEPA-form. A translation of this form will be included in the initial mail after signing up. Be aware this is NOT an official form. You are required to sign the Dutch SEPA form. You should print this form and sign it. With this form you authorize Tandje Hoger to withdraw the yearly contribution.
- Send the form within 2 weeks to Tandje Hoger to finish your registration. If you fail to do this, your registration will be cancelled. You can choose to send the form to the adres, which is written on the form, or mail the form to the secretary. If you choose to send the form through email, make a proper scan or use an app like 'adobe scan' and make sure it's fully readable. If the readibility is not sufficient, the secretary can ask you to send it again.
- Go to the ACLO-website and activate (aclotiveer) your collegecard.
- You are welcome at the next training. It is not necessary to wait for the confirmation e-mail.
At Tandje Hoger (2017-2018) we have the following committees:
- Almost every month, Tandje Hoger goes out for a tourride, organized by the tour comittee. The rides are usually around 70 kilometers and include a break for coffeee and pie.
- Together with the race commissioner, the committee organizes the 'Dropkoersjes' during the pre- and afterseason, the summercompetition, TH-timetrials and many more.
- Aside from riding our bikes, we enjoy other activities as well. The 'borrel' committee organizes drinks and other social activities.
- The board can ask this select group of individuals for advice. It consists of old board members from Tandje Hoger.
- Tasked with checking the work by the treasurer and consists of old club-treasurers.
Verzetje (club magazine) editors
- The editors have their eyes and ears open and absorb every gossip and four times a year they write everything down for the club magazine.
- In 2018, Tandje Hoger will once again have a pr-committee. Aside from general PR related activities, this committee focusses on the KEI-week, the introductionweek for new students in Groningen.
From january onwards, members can order their club clothing through a webstore (rbl-wear.nl). Before you can register, you need a keyword. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to acquire it, or ask one of the board members when you see them during one of the activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any obligations, tied to membership at G.S.W.V. Tandje Hoger?
There are two: Paying the yearly contribution (26 euro) and having an ACLO-card. Read more below the ACLO heading. There are no additional obligations, like presence at trainings etc.
1. Is the use of a helmet required?
Yes, absolutely! Also gloves are highly recommended.
2. What are the trainingtimes, and where does it start?
That depends on the time of year. The trainingtimes are on the calendar at the main page. Read more below the training header on this page, above.
3. Should I be afraid that I can't handle the intensity?
No, the experience and level of riders is taken into account during the training. During intense efforts, the group is split based on level. During an endurance training, the tempo is adapted. Especially the wednesday training is suitable for new riders, where the tempo is lower and there is an additional focus on technique. During other trainings it may be the case that it's difficult, but with cycling you can improve your basic fitness in just a few weeks of riding!
4. Do trainings always take place?
The tuesday in wednesday will take place, unless the weather doesn't allow it (for instance when it's slippery in the winter). If you want to cycle at other moments, you can use the facebook group to join or organize a ride.
Can I participate in races at Tandje Hoger?
Yes. More info is found at the race header on this page, above.
How do I obtain a racing-license?
info is found at the race header on this page, above.
Are there additional requirements for competitive cyclists?
No, but it's strongly encouraged to participate in the trainings on tuesday and ride at Corpus on thursday. This is however not obligatory. Only for team-timetrials, there are requiments regarding training participation and level. There is generally no selection procedure, however there is a team-sign up. This is taken care off on the forum.
1. Are there seperate trainings for ladies?
Tandje Hoger does not organize ladies-only events, but highly encourages the ladies to ride together and organize ladies-only socials. As a club, we want everyone to be able to participate in the events that we organize. There is a dedicated whatsapp group for the ladies, which is used to meet-up. We recommend all female members to become a member of this group. Ask one of the board members (if possible a female one), how to join this group.
2. Do ladies participate in races?
Yes, there are several women at TH that have a racing license or a basic-license.
Website and forum
1. How do I obtain a username and password for the website?
To login, you need to be a member at Tandje Hoger. Ask the board secretary (email@example.com) if you need help.
2. Kan I use the username and password from the website to login on the forum?
No, you need to register seperately for the forum.
3. What should I do when I forgot my password?
If you forgot your password, you reset it, using the 'wachtwoord vergeten' function.
1. What is an ACLO card?
As a member at Tandje Hoger, you need to activate your studentcard. Costs are 59,95 euro for each acedemic year. After activation, you can use the ACLO sports facilities and become a member at the different student sports associations. In 2019 it becomes possible to buy half-year cards and become a member at an association.
2. Can non-students purchase an ACLO sport license?
This is possible undercertain conditions. You can find more information about this on the ACLO website.
3. I want to become a member, but it's currently february/march/april/may/june/july/august. Should I still purchase an ACLO card?
Yes, you need to have an ACLO card to become a member at Tandje Hoger. As said under 1., a midseason card is not sufficient (most likely till 2019). This is because of the training-subsidization from the ACLO.
4. I quit/finished my study, but I want to purchase an ACLO card, is that possible?
If you finished your study you can purchase an ACLO sport license for three more years after graduation at an increased price.
If you quit your study at the RUG or Hanze, you can purchase an ACLO sport license at an increased price level for another year.
5. I can't purchase an ACLO card anymore, but I want to become a member, is that possible?
It's possible through a dispensation system. Associations like Tandje Hoger have the possibility to give out a limited amount of dispensation cards. It's up to the club-board to decide. Ask the board secretary if there are possibilities. If approved, you can purchase a sport license at an increased price. In general, this is reserved for people, whose membership would significantly contribute to Tande Hoger.
1. Are there obligations tied to donorship at GSWV Tandje Hoger?
As a donor you only need to pay the yearly contribution fee (26 euro). It's a great way for ex-members to maintain a connection with the club.
2. What are limitations for donors compared to full members?
Donors can't participate in the spinning training during the winter or the tuesday/wednesday training in the summer. That's because the rental of the spinningroom and the trainers are subsidized by the ACLO. Voor any questions you can send an email to the secretary.
1. What is the bike ensurance?
As a member of TH you can become a member at the NTFU at a discount. This membership, among other features, includes a bike ensurance.
2. What are the advantages of becoming a member at NTFU and what are the terms and conditions?
Sadly, this information is only available in Dutch. If you have any questions, send an email to the TH-secretry.
1. How can I obtain club clothing?
This is explained under the clothing header, above the FAQ. The website rbl-wear.nl functions just like any other webshop. Before you register an account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the registration key.
2. How do I get the products that I've ordered?
At the check-out you can choose between mail-delivery or club-location. Delivery is free above 70 euro. The club-location is always free and means you can collect your order at Spaak Groningen or RBL-wear at the outskirts of Groningen.
Cyclocross and MTB
1. Are there CX-events at Tandje Hoger?
Yes! After the roadseason our members train and join CX-races. Ask email@example.com for more information, keep an eye on the forum and the facebook page.
2. Are there any MTB riders at Tandje Hoger?
Yes, but not many. They can traing with the crossers, but there are no MTB-specific trainings. TH'ers can join ATB-Noord at a small fee.